Uploading an iDVD or any DVD to Youtube
iDVD created projects and regular DVDs cannot be directly uploaded to Youtube. The only way to get your DVD video to Youtube is to convert it to a form that Youtube can read. The best format for uploading to youtube is an H.264 encoded mp4 or move file. A DVD video that is longer than 15 minutes will need to be broken up into multiple separte videos.
What You Will Need
To upload video to Youtube, you will need to create a Youtube account. Visit youtube.com for details on creating this account. In addition, you will want a high speed internet connection with a fast upload speed. Most cable modem and DSL services have smaller upload speeds relative to the download speed. Videos are very large files and it may take several hours to upload depending on your internet connection. This tutorial will show you how to upload DVD video to Youtube using DVDxDV Pro.
1. Install DVDxDV Pro by downloading the trial version of DVDxDV Pro. The trial version will watermark your video, but it will allow you to follow along with this tutorial. You will need to purchase the full version and re-upload your video again to remove the watermark.
2. Start DVDxDV Pro from your Applications folder.
3. The main window will appear.
4. If you have a DVD in your computer, DVDxDV Pro will automatically load the DVD. You can, also, load the DVD using the File->Open DVD menu option.
5. Your DVD should begin loading into DVDxDV Pro. After it is finished, you should see one or more video titles in the DVDxDV Pro window.
6. Optional: If you are using the trial version of DVDxDV Pro, you may want to grab a small section of the video. To do this, select the "zoom" bar to expand the timeline
7. Optional: The Timeline get longer allowing you to scrub through the video much more easily.
8. Optional: Drag the arrow to about the minute mark on the timeline.
9. Optional: Press the "out point" button to mark this as the end of the video that you want to extract.
10. Optional: Your Timeline will now change to show the first minute of video highlighted. This will be the part of the video that will be uploaded to Youtube.
11. You are now ready to extract your video. Select the Extract->Movie option from the menu.
12. This will bring up the export preset dialog. Click the export preset menu button.
13. Select the Youtube export preset.
14. Press the export button to bring up the file dialog.
The save dialog will appear asking you for a place to save your video will it is uploading it to Youtube. The file will be deleted after it is uploaded.
Click the "Save" button dialog and the Youtube information dialog will appear.
15. Enter your Youtube account name and password here. If your account name and password is not correct, you will not be able to upload the video to Youtube.
You can change the tile of the movie to how you want it to appear in Youtube. You can mark this video as private, as well as, set the catagorie you want it to appear under. When you are finished entering the information click the "OK" button.
DVDxDV Pro will begin extracting from the DVD.
DVDxDV Pro will then convert the video to a format the Youtube can read.
DVDxDV Pro will then upload the video to Youtube.
Once DVDxDV Pro is finished you should see your video on your Youtube page.
Please Read Our End User License Agreement and How to Un-install or Remove DVDxDV Software